This Day in History: 1921-12-18
The Governor, Sir Francis Newdegate, KCMG, accompanied by Major-General Sir Talbot Hobbs and the Premier, Sir James Mitchell, and Lady Mitchell, visited Toodyay (arriving by motor-car), to open the Toodyay Soldiers’ Memorial, an obelisk located in the Toodyay Park. The obelisk, funded by public subscriptions, was designed by Messrs. Wilson and Gray of Perth, and made of polished Western Australian granite.
Toodyay herald, 24 Dec. 1921, pp. 3-5 (photo).
Wally Chitty. Toodyay – the good old days. Hesperian Press, 2004, p.147 (photo).