This Day in History: 1921-11-21
At a public meeting at the Road Board Chambers, the Toodyay Mechanics’ Institute and Library was closed, due to reduced use by members and outstanding debts. The Chairman, Alfred Napoleon Piesse MLA, closed the Institute building and placed Miss A. Hasell as caretaker until the building was sold by the Government. The financial residue was donated to the fund to build an operating theatre at the Toodyay Hospital.
Toodyay herald, 26 Nov. 1921, p.3; 3 Dec. 1921, p.5.