This Day in History: 1921-06-04
The Toodyay Road Board proposed to build two tennis courts in Toodyay Park on the corner of Fiennes and Lincoln Streets at the same time as the construction of the Soldiers’ Memorial. The court surface was made from crushed ant-hills.
Toodyay herald, 11 June 1921, p.4.
Wally Chitty. Toodyay – the good old days. Hesperian Press, 2004, p.123.