This Day in History: 1920-09-11
A public meeting was held in the Toodyay Town Hall to encourage farmers throughout the district and along the railway to join the Bolgart and District Farmers’ Co-operative Company, Ltd. After a successful meeting, the Company decided to relocate its head office to Toodyay. The registered title of the company was changed on 23 Sept. to the Toodyay Valley Co-operative Company, Ltd.
Toodyay herald, 4 Sept. 1920, p.4; 11 Sept. 1920, p.4; 18 Sept. 1920, p.4; 18 Dec. 1920, p.3.
West Australian, 1 Oct. 1920, p.11.
Rica Erickson. The Victoria Plains. Lamb Paterson, 1971, p.127.