This Day in History: 1920-06-23

The new nine-hole golf course of the Toodyay Golf Club was officially opened by Mrs. Hamersley driving a ball on the first green. The links were situated on land at the foot of Mt. Anderson, on land owned by Barnard Lionel Clarkson.

Toodyay herald, 12 June 1920, p.4; 26 June 1920, p.4; July 1985, p.1.