This Day in History: 1917-05-31
The Minister for Agriculture, Henry Bruce Lefroy, opened the first section of the Bolgart-Piawaning Railway, a distance of 14 miles to Kalingiri (Calingiri), which included the sidings of Wyening and Calcara. A banquet was put on by the locals in a building erected as a branch store of Clarke & Co. of Bolgart.
Toodyay herald, 9 June 1917, p.5.
West Australian, 2 June 1917, p.8.