This Day in History: 1916-08-13

At the St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church in Toodyay, His Grace Archbishop Patrick Clune dedicated a handsome new altar, donated by the Hon. Timothy F. Quinlan, C.M.G. Made of English oak, the altar was crafted and carved by Messrs. Robertson and Moffat of Perth, and dedicated with the inscription ‘In Memory of Mr. and Mrs. D. O’Connor and Mr. and Mrs. M. Quinlan.’, the father and mother-in-law, and father and mother of the donor.

Toodyay herald, 19 Aug. 1916, p.3.
Adam O’Neill. A short history of St. John the Baptist Church Toodyay (former) 1863–1963. THS, 2021, p.10.