This Day in History: 1913-09-17
The Bolgart Agricultural Hall was opened by the Minister for Works, William Dartnell Johnson. He was accompanied by Messrs. Alfred Napoleon Piesse MLA and Peter O’Loghlen MLA. The new hall was erected by the Bolgart Progress Association and the Bolgart Railway Extension League at a cost of £400, of which the Government contributed £175. John Hugh Phillips had provided the foundation for the building.
West Australian, 18 Sept. 1913, p.7.
Toodyay herald, 20 Sept. 1913, p.2.
Rica Erickson. The Victoria Plains. Lamb Paterson, 1971, p.101.