This Day in History: 1912-11-06
The opening of the Wattening Temperance Hall, close to Wattening Siding, was celebrated with sports and a dance. The hall served as a schoolroom, church and meeting hall. Financed by a Government subsidy of £180, the building was built of bats (Egyptian bricks) and jarrah by contractor Mr. Parsons.
Toodyay herald, 19 Oct 2012, p.2; 23 Nov. 1912, p.3.
West Australian, 16 Mar. 1912, p.2; 12 Nov. 1912, p.7.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974. p.347.