This Day in History: 1912-04-10

The first elections were held for the expanded Toodyay Road Board. Charles James Cook was elected (on 13 April) the first Chairman of the expanded Board, replacing Alfred Napoleon Piesse, who had resigned. Cook retained this position until June 1921, with only a short break in 1919.

Toodyay Road Board minutes, 10 April 1912; 13 April 1912; 1919; June 1921.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.357.