This Day in History: 1912-02-27
Formal declaration was made of the merger of the Toodyay Municipality and the Toodyay Road District. The number of wards was increased from three to four, and the number of members from seven to nine, namely East (three), West (two), North (two) and Central (two). The Toodyay Board of Health also merged with the Toodyay Road Board.
WA government gazette, 8 Mar. 1912, pp.1136-1137.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.357.