This Day in History: 1910-10-07
The Toodyay Town Hall was officially opened with a Grand Charity Ball in aid of the Toodyay Hospital. John William Clarke, a contractor from Guildford, built the hall from plans originally presented by Cr. Charles Maxwell Lukin, but radically modified by the Central Board of Health. Local painter and decorator Walter Tideswell painted the Hall’s artistic pressed metal proscenium.
Newcastle herald, 9 July 1910, p.6; 24 Sept. 1910, p.3; 15 Oct. 1910, p.6.
West Australian, 7 Oct. 1910, p.6.