This Day in History: 1909-01-02
1909 January: Builders Henry Davey Jnr. and James Barker Meredith completed their contract for the extensive additions (ie the left-hand side of the current hotel) to Thomas John Donegan’s Victoria Hotel, on New Road, Newcastle. The plans were provided by Perth architects Cavanagh & Cavanagh & Parry. Donegan leased the hotel from owner May Harriet Treadgold.
Newcastle herald, 8 Oct. 1908, p.4.
West Australian mining, building and engineering journal, 23 Jan. 1909, p.18.
Land title information.