This Day in History: 1906-12-30
The foundation stone was laid of the Roman Catholic Church and schoolroom in Goomalling. The celebration was inaugurated shortly after the arrival of the train by the solemnisation of Holy Mass by the Rev. Fr. M. Hoyne, assisted by the Lord Abbot of New Norcia, the Right Rev. Dr. Fulgentius Torres, and the Very Rev. Fr. Cornelius Hunt C.SS.R., the spiritual head of the Redemptorist Order in this State. The contractors of the brick building, the Maloney Brothers, supplied a silver trowel for the occasion.
West Australian, 3 Jan. 1907, p.2.
Newcastle herald, 5 Jan. 1907, p.3.