This Day in History: 1905-05-31
The Mayor, Henry Davey Jnr., officially opened the Toodyay Club building in Newcastle. Mr. J. Leisk had been appointed the caretaker. The new premises (a suite of rooms built especially for the Club by owner Morris Lloyd) included a bar and a billiard table. This site is now (2022) the business site of Toodyay Hardware & Farm (Makit).
Newcastle herald, 3 June 1905, p.5.
Western mail, 17 June 1905, p.61.
Toodyay herald, Feb. 2005, p.12.