This Day in History: 1905-01-28
The inaugural meeting of the Toodyay Club was held in the Newcastle Mechanics’ Institute. Dr. Arthur William Crawford chaired the meeting and is considered the Founder of the Club. The first President was Bernard Maurice Connor, and the Hon. Secretary and Treasurer was Charles Maxwell Lukin. The subscription was set at 2 guineas per annum, and 112 people became members.
Newcastle herald, 4 Feb. 1905, p.3; 3 June 1905, p.5.
Central districts herald-tribune, 24 Feb. 1977, p. 13.
Toodyay herald, Feb. 2005, p. 12.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974. p. 352.