This Day in History: 1904-10-25

Dr. Arthur William Crawford had been appointed Officer of Health in Newcastle, replacing Dr. Edward Elphick, who had resigned. He lived in the Old Residency, which later became known as the Doctor’s House, on Lincoln Street. This building was demolished in 1963 during the construction of the Standard Gauge Railway Line.

Sources:
WA government gazette, 28 Oct. 1904, p. 2798.
West Australian, 29 Oct. 1904, p.9.
Newcastle herald, 20 May 1911, p.5.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.351.