This Day in History: 1904-04-22
The Nunyle Agricultural Hall, built in brick by contractor Morris Lloyd, was opened. Timothy Francis Quinlan MLA laid the memorial stone. John Riley and Son had made the bricks. The hall had two ante-rooms and a verandah. Sports and a ball were to celebrate the opening.
Newcastle herald, 16 April 1904, p.5; 23 April 1904, p.4; 30 April 1904, p.3.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, pp. 332-333.
State Record Office of WA file: Con 689, Item 1944/1035: Public Works Dept., Nunyle Agricultural Hall.