This Day in History: 1904-03-21
Extensive additions and improvements to the Freemasons’ Hotel in New Road, Newcastle, had been completed for the new proprietor Ernest John Myers. The rambling single-storey structure was transformed into a two-storey hotel with a new saloon bar and a balcony over the footpath. Perth architect James William Wright had provided the plans.
Newcastle herald, 21 Mar. 1903, p.5; 23 May 1903, p.4.
West Australian, 21 Mar. 1904, p.1.