This Day in History: 1898-11-30
The new Wesleyan Church was formally opened, built near the Newcastle Government School, in Duke Street. The Rev. George E. Rowe, Chairman of the W.A. Wesleyan Methodist District, preached the sermon. The Rev. Frederick S. Finch of Northam led the Divine Service. The local Wesleyan minister was the Rev. Corrington George Carvossa. The Wesleyans therefore stopped using the Temperance Hall at that time.
West Australian, 26 Nov. 1898, p.5.
Northam advertiser, 3 Dec. 1898, p.3.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.321.