This Day in History: 1897-07-09
The Oddfellows’ Hall was officially opened in New Road, Newcastle, having been built by the brothers Edmund Glover Hasson and William Wallace Hasson, on the site of a demolished Pensioner Guard cottage, for the Loyal Toodyay Lodge (6211) of the Manchester Unity Independent Order of Oddfellows.
Northam advertiser, 7 July 1897; 14 July 1897, p.3.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.320.