This Day in History: 1895-09-15

St. Philip’s Church, Culham, was consecrated by the Church of England’s Bishop Charles Owen Leaver Riley. A portion of the adjacent cemetery was also consecrated. The event was attended by 200 people.

Sources:
West Australian, 20 Sept. 1895, p.4.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.324.
Toodyay Herald, Dec. 1995, p.3 (photo).