This Day in History: 1890-03-14
Prior to the Newcastle races on 14 March, the Newcastle Race Club had greatly improved the Toodyay Racecourse facilities with the provision of a large grandstand with a totalisator room, refreshment room and bar underneath. The centre of the course had been cleared of undergrowth to improve the view.
Western mail, 1 Mar. 1890, p.20.
West Australian, 11 Mar. 1890, p.3; 15 Mar. 1890, p.3.