This Day in History: 1879-06-16
The Governor nominated the Board of Management to manage the Toodyay Commonage, an area of 5,600 acres, set aside north of the old Toodyay town site. The Board was selected from landholders from Culham to Deepdale and consisted of Messrs. James Everett, Simon Martin, William Rumble, Thomas Waters, Robert Waters, and John Delaney. Cows and pigs were grazed there until 1893.
WA government gazette, 17 June 1879, p.155;
Inquirer, 2 July 1879, p.1;
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, pp. 255, 326.