This Day in History: 1874-10-13
The Light of the Hills Lodge, No. 9, of the Toodyay Independent Order of the Good Templars, opened its new lodge room, which had been placed at its disposal by the Worthy Treasurer, Charles Samuel Monger. The room had recently been added to Monger’s already extensive premises (Monger’s Store), near the Newcastle Bridge. Brother Howell from Perth was an honoured guest.
Inquirer, 21 Oct. 1874, p.3.