This Day in History: 1874-10-13
John Richardson’s tender of £56 16s was accepted by the Colonial government to make sundry alterations, repairs, etc. at the Newcastle Post and Telegraph Office, on Lot 19, at the corner of Lincoln and Fiennes Street, Newcastle. This building was demolished in 1906.
WA government gazette, 13 Oct. 1874, p.177.
Western Australian times, 16 Oct. 1874, p.2.
Newcastle herald, 10 Feb. 1906, p.6.
Newcastle Municipal Council minutes, Mar. 1906.