This Day in History: 1874-10-04
Rev. William Hugh Pidcock held the first service for some time in St. Philip’s Anglican Church, Culham. Fortnightly Sunday afternoon services commenced. The church had fallen into disrepair during the 1860s, and had been closed but fundraising commenced to repair the building.
Inquirer, 30 Sept. 1874, pp.3, 4;
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.265.