This Day in History: 1874-05-01
1874 May: The Toodyay Independent Order of the Good Templars commenced, known as the Light of the Hills Lodge, No. 9. The Lodge was opened by the Methodist Minister, the Rev. Mr. William Traylen, at the same time as the Hope of Northam Lodge in Northam, bringing the number of lodges in the colony to ten.
Inquirer, 20 May 1874, p.3; 3 June 1874, p.3.
Robyn Taylor & Ronald Bodycoat. Masonic Lodge, Toodyay: conservation plan. July 2007, p.13.