This Day in History: 1871-01-25

The Toodyay Road District was declared. Two new road districts were extracted from the old Toodyay district: Victoria Plains, which extended north from Bolgart, and Northam, which was created from territory taken from both Toodyay and York. The Toodyay Road District’s new southern boundary excluded properties Glen Avon (Avon Location X), Neugin (Avon Location U) and part of Buckland (Avon Location W).

Sources:
WA government gazette, 24 Jan. 1871, p.11.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.223.