This Day in History: 1871-01-25
The Victoria Plains Road District was declared, having been extracted from the old Toodyay district. The district was bounded on the north by the Irwin Road District, on the west by the sea coast, and on the south by an east and west line from the coast at Moore River Bridge thence to Bindoon, thence to Bolgart and due east.
WA government gazette, 24 Jan. 1871, p.11.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.223.
Rica Erickson. The Victoria Plains. Lamb Paterson, 1971, p.38.