This Day in History: 1857-08-18
Lot R67 on the corner of Fitzgerald Terrace and Charles Street (now Picnic Hill Road) in the old Toodyay town site was set aside as a Roman Catholic cemetery.
Inquirer, 25 Aug. 1857, p.3.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.135.
Rica Erickson & Robyn Taylor. Toodyay homesteads. Hesperian Press, 2006, p.69.