This Day in History: 1856-08-02
A General Cemetery was gazetted at Avon Location 202, near Nardie, located off Nardie Drive, alongside the Avon River, off the Northam-Toodyay Road, on land acquired from Thomas Millard. At Bejoording, cemetery lots were reserved as follows: Lot B1 for the Church of England and Ireland, Lot B2 for the Wesleyans, lot B3 for the Independents and Lot B4 for the Roman Catholics.
WA government gazette, 5 Aug. 1856, p. 1.
Inquirer, 6 Aug. 1856, p.2 (WA government gazette notice).
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.135.
Rica Erickson & Robyn Taylor. Toodyay homesteads. Hesperian Press, 2006, p.69