This Day in History: 1854-11-02

The foundation stone of the Colonial (Government) school in old Toodyay was laid by Sarah Drummond (wife of James Drummond Snr.) on 2 November or possibly a week earlier on October 26. The building was also used for Anglican church purposes.

Sources:
Perth gazette, 3 Nov. 1854, p.[3].
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.127.
Robyn Taylor & Ronald Bodycoat. St. Stephen’s Church, Toodyay, Western Australia: conservation plan. May 2006, p.14.