This Day in History: 1853-05-15

In a notice dated 13 April, Charles Harper advertised that the Anglican Toodyay Valley Church (ie St. Philip’s at Culham) “will be opened for Divine Service, on which occasion a Sermon will be preached by the Rev. George Pownall, A.M., and a collection made afterwards for defraying the expenses of completing the interior fittings up of the Church.”

Source:
Perth gazette, 29 April 1853, p.2.