This Day in History: 1853-01-01
1853: Darby Connors, Thomas Goggins and David Gailey occupied the first three new two-roomed Pensioner Guard cottages at the Toodyay Convict Hiring Depot (that area was called the Pensioners’ Village).
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.100.
Alison Cromb. The history of the Toodyay Convict Depot. A. Cromb, 2010, pp. 67-68.