This Day in History: 1851-07-22
Resident Magistrate Joseph Strelley Harris chaired a public meeting at James Sinclair’s Bush Inn, near the Avon River ford on Sinclair’s property Dumbarton, to discuss the need for a district church in old Toodyay and also a chapel on a piece of land provide by Charles Pratt in the Northam district. Sites for both were determined. Pratt owned Buckland (Avon Location W) at that time.
Perth gazette, 18 July 1851, p.2; 19 Sept. 1851, p.2.
Rica Erickson & Robyn Taylor. Toodyay homesteads. Hesperian Press, 2006, p.50.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.43.