This Day in History: 1850-06-04

John and Charlotte Herbert took over the Publican’s Licence for the Royal Oak hotel in old Toodyay, from brother William, who moved to Guildford.

Perth gazette, 7 June 1850, p.2.
Alison Cromb. The history of the Toodyay Convict Depot. A. Cromb, 2010, p.19.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.77.
Wally Chitty. Toodyay – the good old days. Hesperian Press, 2004, p.161.