This Day in History: 1842-06-06
1842 June-September: The first buildings constructed in old Toodyay town were the Military Barracks and Stables. The two rammed earth barracks and single wooden slab stables were built by William Criddle on Lot 1 (later known as Lot L1), on the left hand bank of the Avon River, opposite a pool that later became known as Barracks Pool.
Perth gazette, 11 June 1842, p.2; 22 Oct. 1842, p.4.
Alison Cromb. The road to Toodyay. A. Cromb, 2016, p.112.
Alison Cromb. The history of the Toodyay Convict Depot. A. Cromb, 2010, pp. 10,13.
Rica Erickson. Old Toodyay and Newcastle. Toodyay Shire Council, 1974, p.47.