The old Duke Street School site (1887), Toodyay: a short history, by Beth Frayne.
Extract from Duidgeeana, the newsletter of the Toodyay Historical Society (Inc.), Issues No. 23/24, September-October, November-December 2011, pp. 7-12.
Photo caption: The Duke Street frontage, showing the 1900 addition across the front (east view). (Photo: B. Frayne, 2008)
A variety of functions from 1887 to 2011
This beautiful building at 6 Duke Street (Lot 255) has served the Toodyay community as a school (1887-1954), repertory club headquarters (1956-1964), church and meeting place (1964-2007) and a private home (2007 onwards). The school’s accessory buildings and the grounds have also been used for a variety of purposes over the years.
File date: 14 May 2023. Access: Investigator and Query Subscribers