Stirling House turns 100, compiled by Robyn Taylor. and Beth Frayne.
Extract from Duidgeeana, the newsletter of the Toodyay Historical Society (Inc.), Issue No. 6, Nov Dec 2008, pp. 6-7.
The refurbished Stirling House, the former home of the Toodyay Club for gentlemen in the Toodyay district, and more recently the (fmr) Empire Tea Rooms, has just opened its doors for business as a pizzaria and restaurant named Uncle Vince’s. As this year  is almost over, we thought it appropriate to provide a history of the building to celebrate its 100th birthday.
Designed by Perth architect Richard Dennehy, the building on New Road, Newcastle, was built by James Meredith of Newcastle, and opened in 1908. In 1977, this building, then owned by the Shire of Toodyay, became the Toodyay Medical Centre, serving as such until 1992.
File date: 10 Dec. 2021. Access: Investigator and Query Subscribers