St. Stephen’s Anglican Church, Toodyay, by Dr. Robyn Taylor.
Extract from Duidgeeana, the newsletter of the Toodyay Historical Society (Inc.), Issue No. 4, July August 2008, pp. 4-6.
Toodyay’s town’s oldest church, St. Stephen’s Anglican Church, on Stirling Terrace, was built in 1861-1862.
The church was designed in the Colonial Gothic Revival style and constructed by expirees George Henry Hasell and stonemason Esau Wetherall. The split shingle roof was undertaken by McKnoe. Rev. Charles Harper was the Rector at that time.
File date: 5 Dec. 2021. Access: Investigator and Query Subscribers