Author: Adam O’Neill. Publications details: Toodyay, WA: Toodyay Historical Society, 2021. 15 p.: ill., bib. No index.
This church on Stirling Terrace, Toodyay, was built in 1863-1864 and consecrated at Christmas 1864. One hundred years later, the church was deconsecrated on 17 November 1863, and a new brick church with same name, across the road, was consecrated on the same day.
From the Introduction & Acknowledgements: “St. John the Baptist Church (former), Toodyay, served the Catholic Parish of the district for approximately a century. It … was part of the fabric which comprised the Toodyay Parish community up until the 1960s. This booklet provides a mere insight into the the interactions of the Toodyay congregation, and how St. John the Baptist Church (former) was central to this communion..”